During these difficult times, the Turner Syndrome Foundation knows that it has been challenging to stay active for many people. That’s why we are excited to announce our first-ever virtual run/walk! It is the perfect opportunity to get active while making a difference. Keep reading to learn more.
About the Take a Step for TS Virtual Walk/Run
The Turner Syndrome Foundation’s “Take a Step for TS” Virtual Walk/Run is from November 1st through the 8th.
As a participant, you will be able to set a goal for walking/running for the week. You can also participate in fun social media challenges and have access to graphics and flyers to share. This way, we are all able to raise awareness of Turner Syndrome!
Another fun part of the event is setting up your online fundraising page. You can ask friends and family to sponsor you and see how much other participants have raised as well. All funds donated to TSF support our programs that include patient resources and advancing research.
There will also be fun prizes for our top runner/walker and fundraiser! Sign-up today and ask others to participate as well!
How to Participate in Take a Step for TS
- Sign up for free by October 25th.
- After you sign up, you will be emailed a participant bib as well as materials that will help you spread awareness of Turner Syndrome.
- Also make sure to check your email to set-up your fundraising page!
- If you want, you can show #TurnerSyndromePride with our team gear.
- Then, you can ask your loved ones if they want to support our cause by donating towards it.
- They can donate in two ways. They can either donate to your online fundraising page, or mail cash/checks to our office address– PO Box 726, Holmdel NJ 07733 (include the name of the donor and the fundraiser).
- Next, you can start raising awareness of TS as well as showcasing your accomplishments on social media with the hashtag #takeastepforTS.
- Finally, when the week is over, you will see how much you accomplished!
- We will announce the winners of the prizes for the top fundraiser and top runner/walker!
Most importantly, while walking, know that above all else, you should have fun!
Have family or friends walk with you, go to different places to walk, take your pet with you, listen to music, do anything that you enjoy doing while walking!
Why you should participate in the walk?
You should participate in the walk because…
- It is mentally and physically healthy for your body
- You can win prizes that help you show #TurnerSyndromePride
- It is a chance to raise awareness of Turner Syndrome
- With your support, we can continue making a difference for the TS community!