Strategies for Improving the Management of Cardiovascular Issues Seen with Turner Syndrome
The Turner Syndrome Council on Cardiology (COC) is an initiative of the Turner Syndrome Foundation dedicated to improving cardiac care outcomes that can save lives. The COC faculty, experts in their field, created this online learning module for your informational purposes.
We encourage health care providers to view the presentation in order to understand the cardiovascular concerns in individuals with Turner Syndrome, which is the leading cause of death in adult women diagnosed with the condition. This activity is suitable for all health care providers, such as primary care providers, specialists, nurses, radiologists, and emergency responders.
- Review congenital heart defects in TS
- Monitor and manage aortopathy in TS
- Preventive medicine of other CV risk factors
- Special considerations:
- Emergency room management
- Pregnancy and CV risks
- Transfer of care from pediatrics to adults
- Cardiac surgical considerations